Note 3 Will Cement Android’s Win Over iOS With 4.3 JellyBean
Analysts expect a continuous lead of Google’s Android over Apple’s iOS, with the inclusion of 4.3 Jelly Bean operating system in Samsung’s new flagship Galaxy Note 3. We believe, with all the information circulating, you know by now that the Note 3 is slated to be released on September 4, 2013 at IFA show in Germany. ANDROID 4.3 was launched together with the release of Google’s Nexus 7 on July 24, 2013. The operating system Jelly Bean has gotten sweeter with it’s delightful updates. In the words of Candy Crush, that’s yummy and divine. Here are some highlights of the new version:
- Open GL ES 3.0 for high performance graphics enjoyed in games, photo and effects
- New and updated keyboard including dial pad autocomplete
- Bluetooth smart ( low energy ) support
- Bluetooth Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) 1.3 support
- Background Wi Fi locations connectivity can be used for location even when turned off
- Customized multi user ability
- Reworked camera UI that will support various camera apps
- Behind the scenes enhancement geared toward developers where they can showcase fully their apps
- Added support for five more languages
Research Firm International Data Corporation ( IDC ) has released the following statistics showing Android’s dominance with 79.30% market share, up by 10% compared in 2012.
|Top Smartphone Operating Systems, Shipments, and Market Share, 2013 Q3 (Units in Millions) Source: IDC Worldwide Mobile Phone Tracker, August 7, 2013|
|Operating System||2Q13 Unit Shipments||2Q13 Market Share||2Q12 Unit Shipments||2Q12 Market Share||Year-over-Year Change|
Is Android’s 4.3 Jelly Bean a sweet delight? Share with us your thoughts.