Tag Archives: android
A new crowdfunding at Indiegogo features an interesting small and interactive two-wheeled robot called Droidles . Judging from the way it looks, it is just an ordinary toy. Or maybe a little charming for kids . But this 3D printed device is enabled with open source hardware and firmware allowing even amateur programmers to learn new robotics.
In a blog statement, Jay Hurley, the lead developer said ” A cloud network will allow Droidles to share code, grow or evolve new abilities,” . The robot is also equipped with a music engine and LED lights to enhance the sense that Droidles are communicating with their user and other robots.
For only $89.00, you get to create your own robot and webpage where you can view, edit and experiment with their personality programs, share programs with other users, and try out programs made by other users, created by other Droidles, or generated by the cloud service.
Move over Samsung S5 and HTC One M8, LG G3 is here. And iHaters will consider this. G3 is the third iteration of the G series. Here are some seven reasons why this LG’s latest flagship is a killer smartphone.
- It has the highest resolution in any smartphone available so far. Expect very clear, sharp and vibrant display with 2560×1440 Quad HD resolution with an eye popping 538 pixels per inch. That’s just pixel overload.
- G3 boasts a cutting edge 5.5-inch massive screen. Yeah, you could say it is a phablet. But it still looks great with its sleek design
- Watching a video is a delight with its thin bezel at 3.05mm on either side of the screen. Compare that to Samsung S5 with 4.05mm screen
- It is the first smartphone to introduce laser Auto Focus which enables capturing a photo in an instant. 13MP rear camera. 2.1 MP front camera perfect for selfie. Plus dual LED flash and optical image stabilization (OIS), which helps it to take better photos in low light and video without too much shakiness
- Removable Battery. Wireless charging. Superior battery life with 3,000mAh. So its ok to watch or record a 4k video
- Curved back for easy grip. The casing is plastic but looks elegant with its faux-metallic look. Notice the rear button layout? Just nice.
- Louder and clearer audio sound with 1W Speaker and boost AMP
That’s a cheesy title isn’t it? As I was reading an email on my Samsung Galaxy S4, it suddenly froze and restarted.
What I usually do when that happens is look for the application that’s responsible for the crash, I checked all the installed apps and surprised to find the Mobile tracker Version 1.0. It seems like a factory default process, While I look at the permissions I was more surprised at what it can do.
While most of us has not yet understood the practical function of a curved display in the Samsung Galaxy Round, LG has officially announced that it will release its own version of curved-screen smartphone. After long rumors with even leaked images circulating, the device dubbed as G FLEX will be available in Korea starting next month. No details have been disclosed for an international release.
After a huge disappointment with Samsung Galaxy Gear, it seems that the smartwatch craze is fading out. This is evident in the latest fundraising effort of another smartwatch wannabe A.I.Watch. The crowdfunding, through Indiegogo, started last September 25, 2013 and so far it has achieved barely $10,000. The project aims to raise at least $100,000.00.
Like Omate TrueSmartwatch, A.I. watch claims to be fully functional on its own without having to be paired with a smartphone. It can make calls and access a number of apps with Android 4.0.4 OS ( Ice cream Sandwich ). If the fundraising goes well, the device will sell for $279,with shipping to start in December 2013. The smartwatch is developed by Swissco Ltd with Damien Douk as its creator and designer.