Tag Archives: Retina
We had a a rather amusing encounter with an Apple employee yesterday. For starter, its not often that you stumble upon somebody who works for the most valuable brand in the world. And everyone was pleased to welcome a visitor from Austin, Texas. Immediately after he introduced himself, I could see the spark in everyone’s eyes. Of course, it was a perfect opportunity to ask a very important question.
You guessed it right, we asked him about the upcoming iPhone 6. What else could we ask about? It is the most anticipated smartphone release of 2014. And the most profitable product of Apple.
Is it true that there will be 2 versions : 4.7 and 5.5 inches? Will the display be made of sapphire glass? His answer startled most of us. But not me. He just simply said “To be honest, I have no idea. Of course he could not tell even if he knows something. He must adhere to the iCode of silence in the highly secretive culture in Apple.
Move over Samsung S5 and HTC One M8, LG G3 is here. And iHaters will consider this. G3 is the third iteration of the G series. Here are some seven reasons why this LG’s latest flagship is a killer smartphone.
- It has the highest resolution in any smartphone available so far. Expect very clear, sharp and vibrant display with 2560×1440 Quad HD resolution with an eye popping 538 pixels per inch. That’s just pixel overload.
- G3 boasts a cutting edge 5.5-inch massive screen. Yeah, you could say it is a phablet. But it still looks great with its sleek design
- Watching a video is a delight with its thin bezel at 3.05mm on either side of the screen. Compare that to Samsung S5 with 4.05mm screen
- It is the first smartphone to introduce laser Auto Focus which enables capturing a photo in an instant. 13MP rear camera. 2.1 MP front camera perfect for selfie. Plus dual LED flash and optical image stabilization (OIS), which helps it to take better photos in low light and video without too much shakiness
- Removable Battery. Wireless charging. Superior battery life with 3,000mAh. So its ok to watch or record a 4k video
- Curved back for easy grip. The casing is plastic but looks elegant with its faux-metallic look. Notice the rear button layout? Just nice.
- Louder and clearer audio sound with 1W Speaker and boost AMP
Nobody saw this coming. The fifth version of Apple’s iPad is called iPad Air.
It is 20% thinner at 7.55 mm, 28% lighter at 1 lb ( 469 g ) and faster with A7 chip, 64 bit processor ( featured in iPhone 5S ). The 9.7 inch tablet will be available starting November 1, 2013. The retail price starts at 499 ( Retina display, 16GB Wi-Fi )
Unveiled yesterday, Philip Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president for Worldwide Marketing said, “iPad created an entirely new mobile computing experience, and the new iPad Air is another big leap ahead. It is so thin, light and powerful, once you hold one in your hand you will understand what a tremendous advancement this is”.
Apple’s iPhone 5S and 5C hit 9 million mark in just three days after launch. It has again beat the odds and overwhelmingly exceeded analysts’ expectation. This is a record breaking sales, much higher than 5 million sales of predecessor iPhone 5 last September 2012.
In a press release today , Apple CEO Tim Cook said, “This is our best iPhone launch yet―more than nine million new iPhones sold―a new record for first weekend sales. The demand for the new iPhones has been incredible, and while we’ve sold out of our initial supply of iPhone 5s, stores continue to receive new iPhone shipments regularly. We appreciate everyone’s patience and are working hard to build enough new iPhones for everyone.”
This is not actually required when you are updating on the device itself because it will download the appropriate version for you but some prefer to update via iTunes or manually. This information becomes useful due to Apple having devices that are identical physically where even the model is difficult to find.
So how do we identify which model of iPhone or iPad do we have?
Please note that the model number can be found at the lower back cover of the device!